This morning I decided to find out about this being that was detected in my reading on Monday night, so I put to use my being spread:
- Shuffle the deck concentrating on your being.
- Set aside the top and bottoms cards.
- Locate The Devil or the Empress, whichever comes first.
- The two cards around the Empress are the seeds of the being; the two cards around the Devil are what the seeds have grown into.
- Find the other card and take note of the distance between to indicate how much history you have with this being.
- If the Devil is located first, the growth and entanglement with the being is stronger. The Empress coming first indicates a readiness to see this being in simplest form.
- Go back the the top and bottom cards you first pulled.
- The top card is advice how to engage w/ being. The bottom card is how to disengage.
So I found AKER (aka The Devil) first, which means I’m a bit more entangled with this being than I thought. The seeds of this being have grown into precisely nothing as shown in the 2 OF COINS. The moon, ever changing emotional state and psychic power, plays a big part here. THE CONSULTANT (magician) reversed shows the universe imprinted on the chakras of the archetypal man: Adam Kadmon. The moon is the root chakra or Yesod on the tree of life. I went to a psychic fair a few years ago where this woman in black pointed to my groin and said I have darkness lingering in that area. I, of course, was offended — but now it’s beginning to make sense. This being is preventing growth and opening of this channel.
There are 11 cards between Aker and The Empress, indicating a short history with this being. The two cards around the Empress show the seeds of this being beginning with the seductive ACE OF COINS, with voluptuous roots. Coins represent groundedness, so perhaps this being began with the promise of feeling grounded and safe. Death inspires change, but also fear of change. This being began with a choice between radical change or playing it safe.
Now back to those first two cards, how to engage and disengage.
The 7 CUPS (air) are in a state of emptying, they are not receptive or vulnerable to outside energy. The flowers are a forcefield of protective energy. To engage, I must be protected and have the guidance of someone else. In Maritxu’s deck, the Emperor does the bidding of the Empress who has transformed into a bird and keeps watch from the tree in the background. It will be no easy task to disengage with this being — to do so, rules must be broken and risks taken.
At this point I’m thinking of being more as a facet of my psyche rather than some outside force with its own intentions.